Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pearllight Nova MOC

 This is Pearllight Nova; my MOC when she's in what I call super flight mode. To the date this is her build, and I love this form.

Details: Pearllight Nova is based off the concept of Pearllight's suit having what's called a Nova form; not the kind of nova that kills all life in a certain distance like a nuclear bomb, but essentially a suit mode that's powerful enough to aid in dire circumstances. Her Nova form isn't too different from her base form; see Pearllight self MOC for basic details. The only difference is her wing set, made from parts I'm unfamiliar with. Her nova form mostly aids in sky battles, but also aids in increased power spurts that aid in nova plasma blasts...which are seldom used.

In Nova form, Pearllight's wings have blue signal lights on the top set, that way her comrades know it's her. I'll note the wings are made from technique parts of some kind, and I used a couple white Bohrok legs to hold them. They're adjustable, and removable; I'll note Pearllight can actually take the wings off manually and hang them up. On the more technical side, you may wonder what the tubes are, and why they're attached to the wings. The tubes are basically hydraulic tubes that allow the wings to function naturally with Pearllight's suit. You'll notice the tubes attach to the main part of each wing and then attach to power ports on Pearllight's suit, which only form when she needs the wings. The rest is all basic, Pearllight doesn't normally use her hair blades when in Nova form, which is why they're in their holsters.

 A final note, the staff Pearllight holds was at first an anonymous addition to her nova form; later to become something more. I now feel the staff better relates to a story concept I came up with some time ago and shared in the post Bio-lock. There I mention about a weapon Pearllight finds called the staff of dimensions; which relates to a concept I may one day make into a mini episode for Pearllight Origins. You can read about what this staff is in the Bio-lock post; but anyway, that's what I feel Pearllight Nova is holding, she's using the staff of dimensions during her nova mode.

 I also made these two Pearllight Nova posters (above and below) for the sake of displaying her as a character. They kind of have a CD cover set up to them; might use that idea for a future project. 

Kind of was going for an electrical and sort of enchanting backdrop that expresses the qualities of my character and her somewhat enchanting abilities, like her main quality of being able to heal the injured or broken hearted.


And lastly, I made the panel above displaying Pearllight Nova in her MOC form next to a representation of her in chibi form, more revealed as her Human self. Reason I made this panel is because I felt like sharing and joining in with the small craze on G+ Bionicle communities where multiple people have made chibi versions of their MOC's with the silly chibi maker; and a few have even shared their MOC chibi's with me. So I felt it would be fun to make and share in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment