Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Steampunk Samurai banner

 Steampunk Samurai Jones asked me to make him a banner, claiming is PS and computer skills aren't too great... His request was for anything steampunk themed; with gears and such.

I had fun making this one. First I used some scanned scrapbook paper for the background, then I downloaded some more brushes from Brusheezy.com. I found a gear set here http://www.brusheezy.com/brushes/20271-stylized-gears-brushes by an artists named 4sidepolygon. I then found an awesome chain brush http://www.brusheezy.com/brushes/2329-linked-chain-brush which I absolutely had to use for this, and future projects.

I quickly selected different colors that match the figure, and slapped down gears where they seemed needed; then I made them metallic in appearance by using the burn and dodge tool. I loved the way they looked, and then decided to surround the figure with a gear shape, to draw importance to him. 

Last was adding his name with the fitting Veterine typewriter font, placed on a sepia green label, and surrounded with a chain. The chain idea came to mind after I saw an interesting weapon with a chain on it in the background of the photo of this figure (something about I really liked).
I'll also note, I enjoyed this theme because I actually like the name Steampunk Samurai. In fact, I can see a movie named that (heck, it would probably be some Asian steampunk film in the world of LoL). :P

1 comment: