Sunday, April 6, 2014

Dal Black banner

 Getting to this request late. Made this banner for Dal Black, his character having the element of shadow and lightning (also an assassin from the sounds of it).

It was slightly tricky figuring out how to pull the theme off, hopefully this is close enough. Dal wanted it to have an assassin theme, so I thought about it for a moment. How can I get into the theme of an assassin, shadow, lightning character? Well, what came to mind was a dark backdrop like the night, rain pouring down as this skilled killer walks in the shadows, his form briefly illuminated by lightning flashes from the shadowed sky filled with blackening clouds. I'll note that I made some of the rain yellow, to make it pick up on the weapon (you could say it's reflecting background light). Last was the name, went through multiple options, settled with a blue glow and metallic black letters (just to emphasize the elements of shadow and lightning). 

I think this came out pretty well (it has an assassin vibe to me...) In fact there's something oddly captivating and thrilling about this scene, makes me think of exciting episodes 
for my Life of Lewa series.

No comments:

Post a Comment