Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Bionicle banner collections- and an announcement


It's amazing; in about a week and a half  I've crafted 16 banners, including the optional choice versions for "Welcome to the Darksyde".

 Hope you'll understand that though fun to make, banners still take time and effort. Seeing that the popularity of my designs have increased, means my time and effort as an artist is being consumed by all the requests for a free, customized YT banner. Because of this, I'm changing my game to make up for the time and work I would normally spend on other art projects not of the banner variety.


I wish to return to my other projects for awhile; and am therefore putting this banner making craze on hold. For those who didn't get one, sorry, but I'm no longer taking requests.

My first idea was to charge five dollars for every custom banner order (but due to the complications of knowing if it's legal or not according to copyright law to sell what is essentially fan art inspired by the BIONICLE series, I've backed away from the idea). This consequently means I don't feel safe in charging, but am tired of working on projects for free; seeing little benefit for my efforts in return. Therefore I announce that custom MOC banner requests are closed until further notice.

This news may be disappointing, however, I feel a need to provide all you Biotubers out there with some basic Bionicle themed banners. It seems YT banners are rather thin, so I plan to make some Bionicle themed banners of my own for those who want something to spice up their channel, even if it's temporary. I hope to make banners of the basic characters from canon storyline (which you should be seeing in the future).

Now then, multiple people have told me they're not very good with digital programs; but I feel a need to show you how to make your very own YT banners with simple, creative techniques in the video below (have fun, and experiment). Don't have a form of PS, try Gimp, I hear it's very similar, but free.

I'll also note that by making your own banners, you won't have to worry about it not fitting your channel, so as long as you use the template, and save your images in a JPG or PNG format. This means less stress for the both of us, and results with you getting a banner that will work for YouTube or any other site that allows banners.
 
 There are some things I feel could be better in the video, but I did what I could with only ten minutes of room per recording. If I left out a detail you wanted to know, or if you have a question, feel free to comment. ^.~

No comments:

Post a Comment