Monday, April 28, 2014

Bionicle Scifi Swing-posters and video

Ah the wonders of broken headphones and a little creativity. I've gone through lots of headphones in my life, many of which have varied in style and quality. But, instead of throwing them out when they break, I prefer to keep them and put them to good use; in this case an old swivel set now serves as a hanging scifi chair (more specifically an odd swing).

I didn't have to deconstruct the headphones in any way to make this seat; I simply used a few safety pins, and wrapped its cords around itself to create this hanging chair, fit for any medium or small Bionicle figurine (or even non Bionicle figurines).

I show more of the chair in the following video, and give example of how it works. ^.~



The figure you see sitting in the chair is named Poroka, a female stone type created for the Life of Lewa fan fiction. Her story and relation to the LoL tale will be revealed in the future; likely the far future. I used her because she's easily posed, and a perfect size for the seat. I love the look of the above left image, it's almost techno Nouveau, and the way she sits makes her look like she's reminiscing on a memory.
Speaking of techno Nouveau style, I worked off that concept and made the additional poster above to display Poroka in this scifi swing. The poster as a whole was meant to look like a factory floor, and Poroka keeps the gears running by moving around the room on a mechanical seat attached to the ceiling. Makes it easier to work on large areas high up. It's sort of a concept idea.

My two favorite poses will always be the above posters. Both hold a certain emotion that just says peaceful, gentle, yet strong (basic traits of Poroka's personality).

Enjoy, and have a nice day! ^.~

No comments:

Post a Comment