Monday, March 17, 2014

Toa Mahri Jaller -Colored


I mentioned back in 2011 about the Toa Mahri Jaller Pencil Drawing drawn around 2008; and have mentioned now and then on my art sites that I may just make a colored version of this image, just as I did for the Lewa pencil sketch from the same year.

Now I'm happy to introduce the full illustration for Jaller Mahri preparing to fight, fully colored and looking snazzy for being so old of an art piece.

This was colored a bit differently compared to how I did Lewa. This time I selected the areas for specific colors, then used the fill bucket and brush tweaks on a multiply layer (which kept the original pencil lines showing while applying color) and this resulted in a marker over wash look. To me, this style now seems to mimic the comic style during the Mahri series (you know, kind of squiggly, quick movements, with color slapped on).

As for the background, I picked two elements from a few desktop images, then changed up the color and applied a watercolor effect; the final results to simply add a few bubbles and tada, this projects is off the list. Also a little trivia, notice in the background there's some kind of wreckage? Well I don't really know what that stuff is, but in my imagination I feel it's leftover mechanical parts that fell off Mata Nui's body, or is the ship the Mahri traveled in. ^.~

No comments:

Post a Comment