Monday, March 24, 2014

SHOWTIME Kiina


Where to start with how much I love this? Seems like Kiina was given the opportunity to perform on stage at a reservation restaurant /radio station called "CLUB SHOWTIME". Now prepare yourself, no telling if she's tone deaf. XD

The instant I looked at the old picture of Kiina with her frilly skirt on in the image (left); with her funny pose and the glowing back light, a song slipped into my head, one from Cirque Du Soleil called Kooza Dance. The instant that song popped in my noggin, the entire art piece was inspired off of it (hence the Broadway font, sparkling curtains, and glowing back light illuminating the "diva" of the show.)

Art tips: The backdrop was a desktop image that I made adjustments to (the bead fringe, sparkles, and back light). Curtains were already blue, so that was a plus. Kiina's left hand originally had a red peg in it, so I covered it up by making it look like a microphone, using textured brushes (turned out pretty good I think). And finally, I added a shadow and the word SHOWTIME with glow effect.

There you have it folks, enjoy the show! ^.~

No comments:

Post a Comment