Sunday, March 30, 2014

Mata Nui Cow Milk

 
It's always been an odd interest of mine to make advertisement art, especially when it involves making products that don't exist, but wish they did.

The above Mata Nui cow milk advertisement is made to match the style in the Life of Lewa universe (and will be a product used in this world). The LoL universe contains many odd products that I love inventing and adding in as fake product placement; a way to make it more life like you could say. In the LoL universe, because the influence of Pearllight, the world contains Human aspects mixed with the already present alien aspects. In this case, retro style advertising, with both English and Matoran writing, meld together because of cultural influence on the planet. The beings of LoL use Human text on products because it's appealing and varies in style; great for getting the mood across in advertising. Most people of the universe know how to read most English text styles, but to make life easier, every product will also include the native writing of Matoran somewhere on the product. In this case the milk label is all English, but the back label (which I didn't make), will have both English and Matoran, (while the advertisement itself contains both).
What inspired me? Awhile back I built a Mata Nui cow for fun, only I didn't have exact pieces to make it look like the original design, so I improvised by using all brown and tan pieces, big black eyes which increases cuteness, and horns that make the creature look more like a moose. I called it the brown cow, but during creation of this advertisement, I was tempted to call it moose milk (there's a joke in LoL I might make sometime for that). After looking at the face of my cow again, I wanted to make a milk advertisement out of he blue for the LoL universe.

I took a photo of my cow's head, then did my work in PSE and assembled a retro label (don't ask me why it's a boy cow on the milk label..maybe girl cows of this world have horns too) either way, the product only looked interesting with the horns included. The rest was just playing around on PSE, and getting my final milk poster.

Did you know there's an actual company called Brown Cow? There is, but that's not why I labeled this Brown Cow Milk (it's simply that way because the cows they get this milk from tend to be brown.) Of course every company, even a fake one needs a little jingle; all that came to mind was "Mooore Please" (emphasis on the Moo).

No comments:

Post a Comment