Saturday, March 29, 2014

Toa Axel Banner


 Toa Axel finally got his photo to me (see the original on his DA Toa Axel). He requested a banner after seeing the one I made for Makuta Nazo.

I don't know what the element of his character is, but I made the banner based off a few hints he gave. This time I took the approach of making this banner fit proportionately to the very size of the YT text safe area (although some have come to find that their page doesn't properly cooperate with the banner).

Originally Axel wanted his banner to look like Makuta Nazo's, only wanted blue and black splotches instead of red with black. This concept had to be changed though due to his choice of wanting the background black instead of white (a good choice for making it look classy). Because of this, I reversed the color scheme, and made the splotches white and blue; that way you could see them on black. He also mentioned that at first he thought some lightning in the border would be cool; later to feel it would be too much. I still went on that drift though, and placed selected bolts of lighting so they directed your attention to his character and name. Last was text, Axel wanted the same text style as Nazo's, only in blue. I went along that line, but flat blue seemed too muted in the surrounding border; so I decided to make it blue neon (hopefully that's ok). I think the neon gets your attention quite well, not such a bad thing (not to mention matches the lighting bit).
After I made the basic center of the banner, I placed it in the required canvas, and above is the main image meant for YT upload.

No comments:

Post a Comment