Thursday, March 27, 2014

Makuta Nazo banner

This was my first art request, by a guy who's self MOC is named Makuta Nazo. He asked me if I could make him a Youtube banner, so I accepted the project, and ended up with the above image.

Nazo has a Youtube chanel, here's link to that Makuta Nazo YT (and for the record, he really does like the art piece, which is great).

At first I was shy to the idea of making this, especially when I thought about how much time it would take if I drew his character in full detail; but then I thought, why not make something more simple in my own style, using less strenuous techniques. 

The rest was easy, all I did was choose my canvas size, added splatter paint textures in matching color scheme of the figures armor; then took a photo from Nazo's page, added filters over it to make it poster and comic book like, reversed the image and made his hand direct you to his name. Tada, quick, but snazzy banner. ^.^

 As a final note, Youtube requires a certain size for banners (and I found a template for the exact ratios) which means the small banner itself ends up proportionate and perfect, smack dab in the middle as it's suppose to be. The above image is formatted to YT requirements exactly (it looks odd like this, but trust me, it works). ^.~

No comments:

Post a Comment