Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Ashton MOC

 This is Ashton. His MOC was built out of spare parts left from a building session after creating Fiera so long ago. This is why Ashton's color scheme is mismatched; yet somehow I managed to pull it together in such a way that it doesn't seem too bad. The only thing I will note is that his feet aren't particularly right, they were the only feet I had at the time which didn't severely clash with the rest of his colors; but as time went on, I came to like them for some reason. If I had the proper spare parts though, his feet would be of the same mold shape, only yellow like his shoulders.

The drawing I made of Ashton in LoL-Flooded Fire was based off this MOC, not the other way around. But since I have full freedom to do as I please in drawing, I spiced up his armor and color scheme as I saw fit, and winged his mask design off the MOC, while making it more unique.

Originally this MOC had no name; it was, in my eyes, an experiment of compiled parts which soon served as some anonymous character that was often used in filler scenes during RP days. Ashton's character started out as being a trouble maker in Vulpes Toa's world; but was quickly forgotten, and had no significant role in any story, he was simply an extra. It's not till the Life of Lewa series came along that Ashton's role as a character became more interesting. Though once more his role was rather short lived, he had a more significant part in the starter days of that RP, and has now become even more interesting (to me that is) ever since I started writing LoL as a fan fiction (which some of you may know is a recent thing).

The name Ashton has been with this MOC from the day I built him, and has seemed very fitting; well chosen for his personality. Something about it that I feel matches his spunk, and
 rather stocky build.  

Here's a little trivia: Did you know that Ashton is a real name? It means Ash Tree Town, and is English in origin. I thought this was very interesting, especially since Ashton is a young fire Toa, which means he no doubt knows of the burnt forests spoken of by Matoran who lived in Ta Koro. In concept, Ashton may have had parents (meaning he was born on the LoL Spherus Magna) who named him Ashton. His father (a fire type) probably chose the name in memory of the region he once knew of (referring to Ta-Koro of Mata Nui island and it's charred forest).

A more recent concept in Ashton's history is that he's part fire type, and part stone type. His mother would have been the stone type (and yes there are female versions of every element in the LoL universe, this is related to the time shift accidentally caused by Pearllight). Being that Ashton is part stone type explains why his build is so stocky, and is also a good explanation as to why his MOC has brown feet. More of his history will be revealed later, once LoL is more established (technically my ideas are still cumulating, so Ashton's history is rather new).



Hope you enjoyed Ashton's MOC and name history; for those who like fan fictions, feel free to see his character in action by reading Life of Lewa. ^.~

No comments:

Post a Comment