Wednesday, January 29, 2014

LoL-Flooded Fire

Seems I took a bigger step than intended for a scene that's not as big of a significance in the LoL storyline, but oh well..I love drawing medical stuff, so here's a full scene.

This is a depiction of the scene where Ashton (right) and Fiamma (left) flop on their beds after being taken out of the healing tank. You can find out the whole story in LoL chapter 3 "Flooded Fire". 

I didn't think I could manage doing a full blown illustration like this, kind of a first time I ever did this large of a scene with fun perspective angles.
I'll admit practice is still in order, especially for coloring water, but I was too tired to go further, so I sort of got lazy near the end. I used cheat methods for shading and glow effects because I was just pooped after all the base coloring; regardless, it seemed to turn out pretty good even with my lazy streak and apathetic mind groaning at me for starting a large project I don't normally do.

A few details: The control panel in the back in the left edge of the image controls the harness/tank apparatus and other technical functions. The control panel on the right side of this illustration controls the tank functions and monitors the beings stuck in it. There are also functions on the panel that apply to other machinery in the medical center
Here's a fun little game, can you spot the three virtues symbol in the right section of this image? I'll give a hint, it's on something the medics love using to stay awake.

Overall, with more practice, pieces like these will no doubt be better in the future..maybe. Enjoy, and be sure to check out the continuation chapter of LoL! ^.~

No comments:

Post a Comment