Friday, January 24, 2014

Life of Lewa Poster Board

LoL poster board-Metallic text
  The Life of Lewa poster board was made a long time ago (my guess of year, 2011). I made the poster as a promotion image for the Life of Lewa series.

I went through multiple options and just couldn't settle on which image I liked singularly, so I took the approach of making an entire poster, much like a pop culture advertisement, and displayed all the images of Lewa set on different backgrounds.

To make each one I took a photo of my Lewa figurine, drew outlines on his form to make him appear posterized, and then added him to different desktop background selections. 
Favorite clip
 My favorite one ended up being the first in second row. (Trivial, second director doesn't like this poster because Lewa looks sad in her eyes).

After I had all my clip art scenes, I compiled them on a black board and added a big title of the story name. At first I had trouble deciding between metallic text and scallop text. After awhile the metallic text seemed to hold the attention better, and expressed the mystery and metallic qualities of Bionicle characters, and thus became my favorite of the two.

LoL poster board-Scallop text

No comments:

Post a Comment