Tuesday, February 18, 2014

LoL- The Scrub Down


(Ashton frantically swims away from Tahu, who manages to corner him next to the poolside, and gently, but firmly holds him down, placing his hands over Ashton's neck and chest. Ashton growls and struggles, unable to free himself as Tahu gently leans his head back and says to Lewa, “Ok, you can start scrubbing him now.”)

The above scene and text is from LoL chapter 4 "Rough Town Rooky", where Ashton is given a humiliating scrub down by Lewa. Episode four will soon be up, so stay tuned. ^.~

The above image is a wider spectrum of this scene; and shows a bit more of the room. I settled with the closer version at top, seeing that it concentrates on the figures more.

How I made this scene: It was easier than I expected. Since I didn't have decent props for making an artificial bathing/pool room, I settled with using close up shots and carefully placed angles in an actual bathroom to make this scene. I cleaned all the stuff off from the side lines so the counter looked like and empty tiled room, filled the sink with water and used Dawn dish soap which creates excellent suds. Then I placed my figures out, and sticky tacked a glass bead and a bubble wand to Lewa's hands, which served as a bar of soap and bath brush.

After I had my scene set up, I took pictures from the side line and zoomed in, making sure it was angled in such a way that the faucet and counter edge were kept out of the picture. This in turn gave the illusion of this scene being a tiled room with a large bath tub. 

The rest of my work was done digitally. Thank goodness I can change light and color quality; originally the images were yellow from the overhead light, and felt way too warm, so I applied a cooling filter through PS elements, along with level adjustment and background tweaks.
Bath Time Ashton
I wanted a few close up scenes, to better express the tension between the characters. Tahu is clearly not happy to be in the tub; but is even more irritated that he has to pin Ashton down, who refuses to cooperate and thus gets a scrub down by Lewa as part of his punishment for throwing a glass ball.

I only managed to get a few close up shots because my battery was running low. So I chose this one out of the few, and hope you like these scenes. Stay tuned for all that story goodness! ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment