Sunday, February 16, 2014

Fiera MOC and history

In previous post, Fira's Room I shared my MOC character, Fira (also spelled Fiera) for the first time. Normally she wears many beautiful garments, but at the time you'll find her with just armor.

The above panel was made to display Fiera as she was in the starter days of her creation. Her character came to be when I took a bold step, and participate in a build your own Glatorian warrior challenge, advertised in the LEGO magazine. Being that it was my first time, I went simple, didn't really have enough pieces or skill to make something huge...and frankly couldn't tell if there were rules about how big your character could be. The only rule that was clearly stated it that you couldn't add anything else but LEGO parts to the figure, something I tend to bend by dressing my figures in silky clothes and jewelry. I submitted my MOC, and no, I didn't win the contest...but I did gain a very interesting character who remained a permanent figure in my collection.

Her time of creation was around 2008/9 from what I can recall. She, like each MOC I make, developed her personality and character build through time. Immediately after making her, the concept of her being a nomadic belly dancer who hypnotizes with fire, started peeping through the cracks of my brain. I then dressed her and made her look the part; though, eventually I rid of the ruby studs and spikes on her armor since they kept falling off. If you've seen the post "Fira's Room" then you already know what her garments look like. To this day I prefer her character with clothes, which in my eyes help fill in her simple build.

I do believe Fiera was the second or third female MOC I built during the starter days. Her character existed for awhile, and was never fully significant until I started an RP story during 2009 with a buddy of mine. It's during this time Fiera's nomadic character scheme started showing through, and she became more and more interesting as I acted her. She's always been a bit mysterious, wise, and relatively quiet. During the 2009 RP which took place on an alternate Bara Magna, Fiera was introduced in select episodes, and served as the peace keeper and problem solver.
In her age, she's not in the mood to put up with stupidity, and will certainly end a fight when one arises. Most younger Glatorian underestimate her fighting skills, and don't realize how cunning she really is. They assume that because she's nomadic, and doesn't like constant crowds, that she must not be very intelligent or good with people; but are sorely mistaken. During her time in the desert, she reads lots of books, studies medicine, exchanges goods with multiple cultures for new and interesting artifacts and weaponry, and cooks many different dishes made with food most people wouldn't consider touching. She's also a musician, and when times get rough, makes her living by dancing for small crowds of people in village markets.

During 2010, Fiera was used once more in a different RP I started with someone else; this time as an opening character for the very first fight scene in chapter 2 of the Life of Lewa series. Her role was short lived, but her character never died.

General background and Details
Fiera travels with all her goods and home attached to her noble desert friend, as she calls its kind, a camelope (sort of a cross between a camel and antelope). Fiera knows how to herd these creatures, and loves their company during the hot mid day, which she stays out of and huddles either in a cave, or under some form of shade with her mount if she didn't find time to set up camp.

Fiera is a very good friend to have if you're lost in the desert. She protects the innocent, teaches those in need of a lesson, is stern but gentle, knows how to patch wounds and make medicine which will prevent infection and even lessen the effects of poisons, is kind enough to invite you in her tent for coffee and a meal, and will teach all the ways of living in a desert so you can become knowledgeable and strong too; her way of preserving and lengthening the lives of those she calls friends.

Fiera has aided in times of trouble, and has many trophies which she hides, feeling it's wrong to flaunt such things, and is wise in this choice, knowing it can prevent jealousy and thievery. Her mentality and quote, "What would a thief want; if he knows not what you have? Treasures and trinkets are valued differently by each being, some may feel jealous you have a medallion they don't; and others don't seek an object for its sentimental values, but for it's weight in gold."





Most of Fiera's history is scattered and short. Someday I might make a back story...like a mini series which will reveal her character further. Till the possible future project, hope you enjoyed this peek at Fiera's character. ^.~

No comments:

Post a Comment