Monday, February 3, 2014

Baby Toa Nuva



There have been multiple people online who have done their own versions of baby Bionicle, everything from Toa Mata babies; even Takua and Jaller babies, but still not once have I stumbled upon well done and absolutely adorable Toa Nuva babies.

 I've had this idea for what seems like forever, and I managed to finally settle down and cross it off my list. aren't they cute? I think this is what the Toa Nuva would look like if they actually had baby forms, can any one say awwww, and do a little squee dance?

Kopaka concentrates on reading the secrets behind sacred geometry at such a young age, and practices blocking off the muddy mass of muck Onua playfully throws around, by forming an ice wall. Onua is making a mud castle/mud pie sort of thing, and doesn't have a care in the world about getting dirty..be careful around the little mud monster, he likes to share. Pohatu is a sweet little plump thing who happily rolls around his perfectly carved Kohli ball, and loves to slap it with his toddler hands, just so he can hear the sound of stone against metal; Pohatu is all about playing ball. Tahu frowns at the gust of wind little Lewa blows, causing baby Tahu's mini fire to sway and almost puff out. Lewa enjoys playing and swinging from things, but he especially loves practicing wind power on his little wind mill which spins in circles and makes him laugh. Gali is mostly calm, and loves to wear flowers and pop bubbles; overall she's as sweet as can be, but be careful, she has a tendency to wet herself, and likes sitting in puddles.

 Above is the base sketch page I started before taking the next step of main drawing. Most the characters seemed to come out the way I hoped, though I find that the small sketches seem to be cuter than the base drawings. Onua us the only one who seemed to come out exact to that of the sketch.

Tahu had to be the hardest character to babyfi. Something about his mask that has always seemed difficult to duplicate. I went through three sketches before I felt satisfied with the last one on the bottom right in the sketch page above.

At some point, I'm partially tempted to draw over some of the sketches directly, and make them into stand alone pictures; especially Lewa, Gali, and Pohatu.

Below is the base drawing page of my characters. The only two who ended up with slightly different angles are Lewa and Gali, but they're still cute I suppose. 

The rest of my work was digital; everything from the outlining to the coloring. Someday in the future more baby Nuva pictures may be in order, till then, enjoy. ^.~

No comments:

Post a Comment