Monday, September 7, 2015

Pearllight Origins Book Cover- Version 3

 I've been thinking back on Pearllight Origins and the book cover itself. Some of you may have remembered the previous two versions of this on the post Pearllight Origins Book Cover. There I explained general details about the fan fiction and mentioned I was considering a more official cover at some point.

The basic cover above may be it, despite it not being hand painted or drawn in style.  It's a bit simpler, excludes some things, extends others, and is more on the gray side. I started off with experimenting to make it look like a pencil drawing, and settled with different options as I went.

The previous main cover shown left remains an interesting concept I suppose, but in some ways seems to be missing a certain feel.

In the newer cover I made it more gloomy, which relates to how I've been feeling recently, kind of cool how that happens. I had to exclude the Makuta hands and eyes since the placement of characters didn't leave room for that, and I didn't want to take away from the simplicity of the cover as a whole. I figure the grayness of the image implies a semi menacing feel to it despite the exclusion of Teridax symbolism.

I'll also note that I adjusted height of the characters, making Gali more accurate in size compared to Pearl.

So far I think the third version tops its relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment