Monday, September 21, 2015

No Escape

 "No Escape", a continuation of the Podeastrian story concept. Lisa Ohenery finds herself banging against a locked ship door in one of the halls of cargo pod 12 as Hakann starts coming after her from behind. Will she escape certain doom and reverse pod 12's lock down? (If this were a written story, the answer is yes). 

Smile You're On Camera  is the previous image to this one, which continues the Podeastrian story concept. I mentioned about the basics of Podeastrian on the previous post; check that out if you feel lost.
 For the first time in art process, I really dedicated myself to making this look as good as I could get it. Aimed for a painted comic book appearance, and played with tints over the picture, settling with a green tint for the main image since it creates a rather unnerving feel which is what I wanted. However I also made a normal version with a teal tinted glass for less tension (left) and the original is also displayed (right). I was told it seemed a bit clear for glass, hence why I made a teal tinted version.

This is also the first time I've used DA stock in my work. The image of the woman is from the DA picture Reaching Stock 1 .This image actually inspired this scene, I didn't dream of the scene till I saw the stock photo, then I knew exactly what I wanted to do.
 Really love how this turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment