Friday, September 4, 2015

Vine Dancing

"Vine Dance" Scenes from Life of Lewa chapter 15 "First Forest Kiss". These scenes could also apply to chapter 14 "Confronting Toxins", but I find it holds better to ch 15, right before a big moment.

On a sunny day Venimbus and Lewa dance together through the trees, Venimbus of the jungle, Lewa of the air, two harmonious elements together, dancing through the sky by the vine of the forest.

The sunbeams and movement of this picture pleases me, displaying exactly what I imagine as I write the scenes in Life of Lewa.
 I went ahead and made a second version of Vine dance since I had a slightly different angle of the photo, a more teasing version where they seem more drawn to each other. This version is made to serve as a small poster or joke romance novel cover that could end up in a future photo somewhere in the background. I made two versions of course, one with and without text.

For what it's worth, to add some extra flair to the cover, I made my own vine brush and added it over the letters. Sadly you can't tell unless you get close.

A bit of trivia. Vine dancing in Life of Lewa came from the inspiring, enchanting, and beautiful art form of Aerial ballet performed in several Cirque Du Soleil shows. Below is one video that has inspired me most as of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment