Friday, September 18, 2015

Engage

 "Enagage", the main scene from Life of Lewa chapter 16 "Engage". As the title suggests, Lewa proposes. :P Here's a quick peek at part of the scene:
(Lewa takes in a deep breath, smiling at her as she looks around, and closes his eyes, slowly reaching into his bag and coming over to Venimbus, then pulls out the box and awkwardly kneels. “Venimbus.....” He clears his throat and opens the box, “I know it's kind of sudden...but, will you.....wed-marry me?”
Venimbus's smile suddenly fades and her eyes hold a mixture of emotions, both joy, sadness, fear, and guilt. She reaches out slowly to touch the ring, covering her mouth.
Lewa gets a bit panicked, “Venimbus, are you okay?” he asks with concern.
Venimbus blinks and uncovers her mouth, “I....Lewa, the ring is beautiful...It's just that....” She pauses, trying to think of where to start.
“Just what?” Lewa questions desperately.
“Lewa....I haven't been fully honest with you. Before you consider putting that ring on my finger, you need to know secrets that I've been keeping.”)
 The photos were fun to make in my box of dirt, added flowers digitally since the scenes take place in a flower filled clearing.

Trivia: The ring box is made from a few Lego blocks, and the ring is a real stone with wire base, stuck into a bit of sticky tack within the brick hole.
During photo shoot I was amused to have my brother tell me most girls have dolls they pose for scenes such as these. I play with Bionicle figurines the way I do dolls, it's true. :P
 "Head Peck". While I had my clearing set up, I continued the scene into aftermath affection, Venimbus glad Lewa would have her still, hugging him in joy even after all the secrets she told him. Something about the above angle of Lewa kissing the top of her head that just seems emotionally touching for me.
"Snug Hug". I did take a second angle from the side, but unlike it's angled relative, this one holds less impact in my view, just shows they're actually hugging.

Unfortunately, when characters are green as their environment, they naturally blend in, so you have to look closely to see what's happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment