Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Pearllight's Birthday 2014 postcards

 I figured it was time to have some fun and make some updated birthday cards of Pearllight. Yes, today is that day once more, and Pearllight has certainly grown in character just as I have. My very first specialty birthday shots of Pearllight were created back in 2011, then later blogged about in 2012; see the post Happy Birthday Pearllight for previous postcards and details.

The above panel is an overall display of the comical postcard collection. Details on each piece are listed below.

"Birthday Girl" was a shot to show off the outfit I gave Pearllight this year. Overall her structure has become more feminine, and I added some classy bling to mark her slight maturity. The cake was sticky tacked to her hand, and the jewelry was draped or tied to her form.

"All the Cakes" is just goofy. No other title came to mind, and I wanted to make this birthday seem big, so lots of cake on the table seemed fitting.
 "Pearllight Cuts the Cake" is my favorite of the collection. My character is definitely one to state something witty and out of place during a moment when the narrator says Pearllight cuts the cake, and she adds, "Better than cutting the cheese."

"First Slice" is an echo image of the 2011 birthday set, only this time it's slightly more interesting.

Things I did differently this year was take pictures of my character in sunlight, and on plain white. I used the basic things as last time, only this time added more cake and a set of candles. Obviously I went for a different fashion design, something that kind of says silly birthday diva. The rest of my work was done in PSE, cleaning up the scene, adjusting the levels and crispness, adding a border of matching digital confetti, and writing quirky titles with vintage Pacifico font.

Yay for another birthday! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment