Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Mata Nui RP community


Hello fellow watchers and enthusiasts! I'm doing a slightly different post than usual, one about my recent endeavors that will explain why my art pace has been a little laggy.

Back on the 11'th I was asked if I wanted to be part of an RP Bionicle community on G+. I found this interesting, overall intriguing, yet confusing. For about a week I refrained from getting involved with the story due to both technical complications, and trying to understand the rules.

Veneras Toran, the owner of this community, was the one to ask me if I'd like to join. After a week of not being able to figure out why I couldn't find all the Wahi hangouts, my problems were solved.  Also to get my character pass the rules, I was voted in as a staff character (watching that unfold was amusing and amazing to me). Once all was settled, and I was ready, I made my first move and got my character involved, that is after I posted her profile on the community page.

On the 18'th of this month I jumped in, made up a story as I went and caused Pearllight to crash on this alternate Mata Nui in the sands of Naho Bay. In only four days time it's been an amazing and overall enjoyable community to be part of.

Here's how it works, each Wahi is a chat room that you carry out acting in; when you want to go to another Wahi, you say (so and so to some Wahi)  and then go to the chat room labeled as that Wahi.
This RP has a good amount of thought involved, and is complex for an RP, being that there are regions and multiple characters being acted by multiple people. It's quite fun with all the possibilities, and acting is even more interesting when you have multiple players.

The most amusing part of all, upon landing, Pearllight meets a character named Tokuta..who amusingly has an instant crush at the sight of her. This play has carried out for the past four days, and the other players of the community appear to be just as amused by it as I am. One of the players and admins, S A Cal, made me laugh the hardest when she created and shared the very first Pearllight based meme in existence (see below).
 Her meme pertained to the situation happening between Tokuta and Pearllight obviously. My response to the meme, "Got that right sista." :P

I then asked how the meme was made, and S A Cal made yet another. This one made me shake my head and smirk, especially when it boils down to ideas where Pearllight lifts a brow to the statement and looks at the audience like they're crazy.

So far it's been one odd and interesting adventure in this RP community, and already in only four days, I've been artistically inspired by scenes that have unraveled involving my character's interaction with others. This means you should be seeing some fan based RP art soon. ^.~

No comments:

Post a Comment