Monday, May 5, 2014

Be Reasonable Vakama

 You know that scene from Web of Shadows where Roodaka speaks to a captured Hordika Vakama? I loved that scene of the movie for some reason, so much that for several months I've had the biggest urge to duplicate the scene in photography form using the canon sets. 

In my eyes the images came out beautifully, the above panel is a final display of a distant, and then close up shot of Roodaka lifting Vakama's chin.
 Above image is to display Roodaka saying her classic lines, "Be reasonable Vakama." 
The the image below works as a close up with her final words of the scene, "What Harm could come from listening?"
A few artistic pointers. To get these scenes, I obviously can't replicate the photos exact to the film..especially not with the proper dust effects. However, to get something close to it, I used a black foam backdrop, had to use black cloth for the floor since I'm short on a second foam board. Then I searched around the house for just the right prop to serve as the object Vakama was tied to. At first I thought about using a plant pot, but didn't have one clean; so I resorted to borrowing the stone mortar, which was the only object that matched almost exact to the shrine in the film. Last I tied Vakama to the mortar using green army twine, to mimic the Vizorak webs that held him, and set up final touches of Roodaka interacting, and a few light sources. The rest was all behind the scenes work and tweaking done in PSE for crisper edges and color.

No comments:

Post a Comment