Friday, May 23, 2014

I Can Help You Feel Again

"I can help you feel again"; yet another fan based image inspired from the RP I'm in This image actually takes place before imagery of "Ahkmou Negotiates" (I'm just making them out of sink).

This scene takes place very soon after Pearllight's crash landing on this alternate's Naho Bay. Immediately her situation leads to her meeting new friends, and all unravels in the Ga Wahi chat.

The image above specifically relates to Pearllight warming up to Tokuta. He had brought her to a cave behind the waterfall of Ga-Koro so she could heal her leg. Pearllight discovered that Tokuta had mechanical hands he was unable to feel through, and in her pity shared a gift with him. The following dialogue is what inspired the scene.

Pearllight: Pearllight nods, "A little story that might make you laugh. Your buddy Ion isn't the first Toa..or whatever he is to fall in love. I visit a world where Toa are married, and have children. It's a beautiful place, but it has it's dangers"
 
Tokuta: (tokuta steps up next to her) "I know he isn't the first to fall in love"
 
 Pearllight: Pearllight twitches as his shadow casts down on her.
 
 Tokuta: (Tokuta sits on the ground legs hanging over the edge of the stairs)
 
Pearllight:  Pearllight slowly sits down a few steps away, and looks out at the sunset. "Tokuta... if you could feel through your hands again..would you be happy?"
 
Tokuta: "I would but............. hands are meant to be held"
 
Pearllight: Pearllight puts her hand out for him to touch, "Would you like to feel the water?"
 
Tokuta: "Yes I would."
 
Pearllight:  Pearllight nods, "Take my hand.. and you will"
 
Tokuta: (Tokuta stretches out his hand and slides it into hers)
 
Pearllight: Pearllight then sticks her hand in the water and says, "Now put your other hand in the water."
 
Tokuta:  (Tokuta does so) "I don't see how"
 
Pearllight: Pearllight sends a vibration through her hand that touches his, and suddenly the cool water can be felt by them both.
 
Tokuta: (Tokuta looks up at her) "You are amazing"
 
Pearllight: Pearllight smiles, "As I said, I hold many secrets... But you have to keep them secret too..otherwise I could get in trouble"

Art details:  Note I made Pearllight more accurate to size in comparison to a Toa. She's only about six foot in suit, and structurally smaller compared to a Toa; making it all the more fitting to show Pearllight's entire hand can only grasp two of Tokuta's fingers comfortably.

Tokuta's form is a stylized version in my own style, based off the actual MOC. I used this image http://biojoe46.deviantart.com/art/Stills-005-396022685 for reference. Mask came out a tad bit different, but I wasn't in the mood to mess with it too much.

It was an overall fun pic to make, and I love the emotion expressed. Enjoy and hope you drop by again. ^.~

No comments:

Post a Comment