Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Travels of Frona, book 1

 Travels of Frona, a two part graphic novel, will take you on an icy adventure through unknown lands.

The above image is the front cover for book one. I assembled each panel of this two part graphic novel in a way that will allow me to print out miniature version of this comic, which will be assembled by using a simple accordion fold and glue. I will do this for both books, and will share a video on how they're made at a later time. On the right side of the front cover is the inner cover, which is the introduction for book one.

This graphic Novel is my first try at making a full blown 2 part comic, composed of old winter photography. When I first took the photographs of my Bionicle doing stuff in the snow, I sort of had a story in mind, but really didn't know what it was. For many years I left these pictures in their folder, never feeling confident in making them into something more. But now, as of this year, I decided it was time to tell a tale that's been hidden for so long in all these images; and thus, Travels of Frona was born.

I split the comic into two parts, feeling it would be too large to throw all of it your way at once. I will be clear on something though; I invented this comic not as a perfect piece of literature slapped onto imagery, but as an art piece made to display all the images in a chronological order, helping to tell the tale behind each one. The story itself is highly simplistic... in fact, I just sort of winged it when it came to dialogue and text that explains a few things here and there through the book. In other words, this comic is made to display the imagery, and the story behind them is just an extra bit slapped on. 

Book two is still being made, text and speech bubbles are yet to be added. For now, please enjoy the following panels of book one. ^_^

                                Front inner page                                                          Back cover

 Panel 1

 Panel 2

 Panel 3

   Panel 4

 Panel 5

 Panel 6

 Panel 7

Panel 8

                              Inner back page                                                     Inner back cover

1 comment: