Friday, January 11, 2013

Lone Traveler


The lone traveler, a picture taken back several winters ago, is what I consider one of the most photogenic Bionicle images I've ever done.

The figure walking in this image is named Frona, an MOC that has existed in my collection of characters since 2009.

I feel this picture captures the beauty of winter, and gives that sense of being determined and on your own. To me the lighting, which hasn't been enhanced in any way, captures the beauty and color of this female ice type and her steadfast determination wonderfully. Even her blue mask scope glows radiantly in the sun.

I consider this to be a postcard, poster, and book cover image. The reason I'm finally sharing this picture after so many years of keeping it away, is because I've been working on a little something you may enjoy. I've been assembling a two part graphic novel called, "Travels of Frona". There are a total of 32 pages when both books are combined. I'm making the comic not so much for the story purpose, but more as an art piece. The pictures are the most important part, and I figured they would make more sense in comic form.

There's quite a bit of work involved though, so I have some ways to go before the comics will be posted for all to see. But until I do get around to that day, you may enjoy looking at all the base images just as photographs, not comic panels, the way they were to begin with; so here is my newest flickr set containing all the base images from "Travels of Frona". http://www.flickr.com/photos/76669336@N04/sets/72157632500694020/ Enjoy. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment