Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Thanks for 1000 views, Pearllight poster

I made this poster specifically for marking a special moment on DA; that moment when my page finally reaches the 1000 page view mark.

I started the poster today, finished the poster today, and..... received 1000 page views on DA today! Now my poster is officially posted on DA as a thank you to all who visit my page, watch my page, and appreciate my art.

Behind the scenes extra on this poster: I used a homemade cloud backdrop, inserted a common desktop image I've used in many art pieces before, surrounded the image and placed Pearllight on a chair made of Nouveau motifs, and used a photograph of Pearllight that I took long ago.

About that detail actually; this old Pearllight photograph came from a series of Pearllight photos I took and made into Pearllight Nouveau trading cards (someday to be shared). This specific one belonging to a set of several images where Pearllight is sitting down, isn't included in the main set of Pearllight Nouveau trading cards, but I'm considering the idea of making a second special edition poster card set containing the Pearllight sitting pretty photos. That's another project for the possible future, and I will remember it as an idea.

One of the main elements, the cloud backdrop I made, is actually an element I used for the main set of Pearllight trading cards, just lacks her symbol. I also have this poster saved as a normal image without the extra message, figured it helps to have both. 

That's all for now, stay tuned for more fun stuff in the near future. ^_~

No comments:

Post a Comment