Thursday, January 31, 2013

Snow Ball Agori

 Before this month is over, being that it's the last day of January, I wanted to share an old art piece I did of a snow Agori and Pearllight getting ready to throw a snowball at him.

I made this picture as an experiment, where I was trying out acrylic paints on scrapbook paper for the first time. I started with an outfit concept, and drew out Pearllight with that in mind. Then I felt she needed to be looking at something, so I filled the blank spot with an Agori.

I do believe I did a picture similar to this once, with the idea of a snow ball fight in mind, I just can't remember where I put it. The proportions are on the squished side, but this is an old picture after all, and I've gotten better at structure since then. I still like it for the cute aspect behind it; Pearllight getting ready to throw a snow ball at a shielded Agori who's smiling, knowing he's not going to get hit. He was also showing off his new shield to Pearllight, who decides to put it to the test.

For a little more silliness, here's a little day dream story behind the picture.

("Hey Pearllight!" shouts a perky ice Agori, "Check this out, it's my new shield. Pretty coll huh?" Pearllight looks over and smiles, nodding her head. Pearllight was playing in the snow, and scooped a big glob of it up with her mittens. While the Agori was paying attention to the igloo Pearllight built, Pearllight took the opportunity to have a little fun. She titters and hides behind a mound of snow she calls her fort, and when the ice Agori turns around, he suddenly feels a whack on his shield, and noticed a blob of snow sticking to the front. Pearllight snickers from behind the mound, and the Agori smiles; "I get it, you little stinker." Pearllight pokes her head out from behind the mound and says, "Just thought I'd put your new shield to the test." The Agori snickers and shakes his head, holding up his shield again and says, "Well then, lets have a second round." Pearllight grins, "Second round coming up!" The Agori didn't realize how many snowballs Pearllight had made in that short amount of time, and found himself in a heavy ambush. By the end his shield survived above the snow, but what could be seen of the Agori was a foot and twitching hand. Pearllight didn't realize how fast she was at throwing, and came over to yank the poor Agori out of the snow. He looked up dazed, and Pearllight started brushing him off, then invited him to the igloo for a nice warm cup of hot chocolate before the evening was over.)

This is the image before I increased the blue, figured it needed to be less yellow in tint, but this one still has a pleasant aged feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment