Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Water Generator Room

"Hahli's Entry to the Generator"

Hahli finds that after stepping onto an odd platform she's brought to a room where the platform lowers into a vat of water and suds. What is this place? What's it for? Where does it lead? Questions that could lead to a story of multiple concepts and outcomes. The inspiration history is explained at the bottom of this post.

"Observing the Chamber"

One of my favorite poses for Hahli. Reminds me of Samus first arriving in some alien room.

I experimented with this image. The left version is the first one I tried. The final results above seemed more appealing to me.

I darkened the back wall, and changed Hahli's eye color to blue so it matched her character as it was in the first Bionicle movie.

The blue eyes seem to make her calmer looking, and all at once captivating like in the imaged below.


"Looking Up" (right)

The lights above in the generator room capture Hahli's attention and leave her awe
struck.

Amazing how a downward angle with lighting tweaks and tone change can make something seem so captivating.

This photo interests me most out of all the Hahli pics in this collection. Imagine all the things going through her head as she stares at those glowing lights.

Still wondering what she's standing on? Keep reading. :)
My next character of choice was Gali.

 "First Arrival" (left) "Caught by Surprise" (right).
 "What's Down Below?" (left) "The Light Above" (right).

A final image as a joke and pun which slipped in my head because of a photo I saw on DA. Gali
certainly knows how to "sink" in
The inspiration. This idea sprout from a very simple thing, the racks of a dehydrator soaking in a sink full of soapy water. The racks were large enough that they stayed put in the sink and didn't float around. When I saw this and how it was emerged in water, a scifi concept of some kind of platform partially submerged, gave me this strange idea of a generator room powered by liquid. The prototype name for the collection was "Water Dehydration Generator".
With adjustments in PSE like a new background and color change, plus light glow, my dream was expressed. 

Left image above is the full view of that joke image above "Sink" right in.
 Outtakes. These two images of Hahli I decided not to make part of the collection and left them raw.

A final concept that came to mind was that this generator room is somewhere in the lower levels of Marine's kingdom from the Life of Lewa series.

No comments:

Post a Comment