Thursday, June 11, 2015

Axal T8

 The Axal T8, a collage piece inspired off the Axalara T9 shown in the corner for reference. I've always loved the ship, so I made something similar using colored pencil, and flier images of random tech put together to make a ship. Year I made it...can't recall. Likely 2012.

It almost makes me feel like the Axal T8 is like a prototype of the real ship, left in the basement for display. A tests of slapping odds and ends together till you have a ship. :P

This is the first Bionicle based collage of this scale that I have in my art collection.

I made a basic image without the reference in the corner (left). Main reason I included the reference is because a lot of viewers have trouble telling it's a ship unless they have the reference next to it.

The background, lens flair, editing, and reference image are digital extras. I felt they helped bring the piece to life, made it have more of that inside the Codrex vibe.

Note, the Axal T8 is almost like a combo of the Axalara T9 and the Rockoh T3.

No comments:

Post a Comment