Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Bionicle Sketch Dump

It's true, this is technically the first sketch dump I've actually posted; and yeah, I compiled random sketches of Bionicle related stuff to one spot. 

Some of the sketches in the lower left corner are actually draft images for actual illustrations, one of which I haven't actually posted yet. Other random sketches around the page are all from different years, some of them done in pen. It's sort of just random stuff I use to do, everything from anonymous character ideas to weapons, rahi, and masks of both OC and canon figures like Tahu Mistika.

It feels like I've been spending an eternity holding back my work because I want it to be complete and colorful before I set it out there, but sometimes a sneak peek at the world of sketches can be just as fascinating as the final product, and I'm just now telling myself to try it head on, even if the little cynic in the back of my head says not to. This is coming from my own experience and view on sketches of other artists. Seeing sketch dumps of other artists actually interests me in a way that the final illustration can't. It's that moment of being able to see the gears and concepts, the stuff that goes into art, the ideas which may or may not make it to the "finished" stage of work.

Other artists sketch dumps (such as Kaiba Gal's on DA) have inspired me to share one of my own; and sure it may be like a spoiler to what may or may not be done, but hey, some like spoilers right? :D

I'm planning on taking some of the sketches shown and either making them into illustrations or compiling them onto a different page at some point. I don't really plan on redrawing any of these sketches into final products so much as I may use the sketches directly and just add some color to them. There are plenty more sketch pieces in my files that haven't been shown, but you'll probably be seeing them in the future in both their traditional stage, and newly colored stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment