Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Preston's Power Suit

 A recent image I've cleaned up from 2010 (ignore the mistake of me marking it as 2011 on the image.) I give to you, Preston Stormers power suit.

I designed this power suit long ago, for an old pal of mine who's building skills are incredible. He asked me if I could design a power suit that would make his characters look stronger; I took the challenge and used Preston stormer as the model for the idea. The final results were purely concept, and I drew the armor transparent to show where the real body of the character was placed. After this main design, I shared it with Gabe, who then took the idea and built models based off of it. The design is basically a heavy loaded exo-suit.

All MOC designs shared below belong to Gabe, I was the photographer, he was the engineer. These designs belong to him.




                                 Front                                                                                   Back

First power suit design is actually my favorite. Though not exact to my concept drawing, I actually like it better. He used Duncan Bulk for this one, with added Bionicle parts, and a GI Joe bullet strand for the machine gun. I also like his usage of pistons as leg support, makes the design have a very heavy feel to it.

(Below) second power suit, Nattily Breeze in exo-armor, which resembles my concept design more accurately.
 He actually built it so the character wasn't entirely part of the armor. And, like my concept drawing, this suit has the translucent helmet vizor which lifts up when the figure doesn't need it. I might add that this design isn't as loaded with weaponry as the first, it's actually a little more light weight, if that makes sense.




















(Left) suit when vizor is up. (Right) back side of exo-armor

Both designs came out great in my opinion, and it helps that we worked as a team, resulting in two cool exo-suits.

I did mention that this blog was for Bionicle and other robot related subjects, including Hero Factory, and this is officially the first Hero Factory related post. Thumbs up for a first timer. ^_~

Hope you guys enjoy, there's much more to come in the near future, so stay tuned. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment