Sunday, November 11, 2012

Pearllight with Berix

 Pearllight and Berix, ready for adventure, 2009.

An image made back in 2009, yet another picture from my favorite sketch book.

I figured it would be fun to have Pearllight and Berix together, preparing to go on an adventure. I made this picture based off an outfit idea; Pearllight's purple trench coat, worn with a gypsy skirt, coin belt, and long sleeved cotton shirt. She also carries her trusty travel bag, which holds all the supplies she needs for a long hike. 

At the time, I didn't realize how tall Berix might be, so I assumed he would be about as tall as a Matoran...later to find he's actually about as tall as Pearllight outside of her suit. So, size accuracy isn't exactly correct, but it's still cute regardless.

The only thing that turned out wrong was the angle of Pearllight's eyes. Originally she was suppose to be looking at Berix, but her eyes ended up looking forward, like she was directing Berix while looking at a camera.

And again, like many of my old pictures, the feet are mostly cut off....unfortunately.

Another detail I will add, is that I included the little bag Berix carries with him. Medium used for the picture: pen, colored pencil, marker.

I'm thinking about putting the figures onto a background sometime, just for fun. If I get to that, I'll be sure to post it in the future, and link back to original. 

Well, hope you guys enjoy, happy blogging, and have a great adventure. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment