Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Lewa and Pearllight in Fall-flight

 Lewa and Pearllight in Fall-flight, 2009
  
Oh such a beautiful image this came out to be. Once more, an image from my favorite sketch book of 2009. It was a relatively quick sketch I did in a brainstorm of a day dream, felt like incorporating something seasonal with Bionicle. So I drew Pearllight and Lewa flying in the Autumn sky, Pearllight stopping to greet a passing Lewa, showing him her newest suit style, Lewa looking in admiration.

This picture was made back in the day when Pearllight was still going through prototype stages. I basically wanted to draw her, just didn't have a set look for her yet, so I drew whatever came to mind as appealing.

It's only recently that I colored the image (yesterday), and gave it a glowing background (created from a stock image, adjusted in color and shading). I wanted it to have that evening glow of Autumn, with that sense of a cool breeze and setting sun.

I love the way the leaves are in this picture, they really seem to give the image that extra bit of life.  

Just to give the image that extra bit of wonder, here is a little peep in story form of what the day dream is suppose to be like.

(A cool wind blew in the evening, the sky lit with gold from the setting sun. Off in the distance a slight, high pitched hum could be faintly heard; Lewa stopped briefly, wondering what it could be. As he hovered in the clouds, a figure suddenly flashed by, no sooner than to appear right in front of him, glistening in the evening light.  "Hey Lewa, what do you think!?" shouted Pearllight. Lewa didn't say a word, just gazed in admiration at the armor which mimicked the day time sky: light blue, with cloud white, and gold sun. "Ooo" is all that escaped Lewa's mouth. "Hehe, it's still in prototype stage, but I'm working on it." remarked Pearllight. Lewa shook himself a little, cleared his throat, and says, "It's...ummmm, I like it so far.... Care to go for a wind-flight?" Pearllight smiles, "Sure, why not, my plasma disks are working at full capacity." Pearllight gently remarks. Lewa grins, offering his hand; Pearllight smiles and shakes her head, "Nope, you'll have to catch me first." Lewa, smiling wide, and eyes glowing bright, quickly soars after a speeding Pearllight, off into the setting sun.)
(Above) original image before color. Done with pen.

Hope you guys enjoyed that little bit of story tid-bit, it's been awhile since I've written something story related, so I hope I did all right. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment