Friday, January 29, 2016

Ta Koro Kolhii Poster

Ta Koro kolhii field. Can you feel the heat? A game well played by Toa and Matoran alike. 

 I mentioned on my main blog that I've been on a slight hiatus from Bionicle fan art, but of course I try again to bring myself out of this nearly one month long reluctance.

Personal feelings have taken a roll in my break, but no, I won't avoid my hobby for long, still liking this art form, regardless of aggravations that come along the way. 

As a warm up image (ironic since this is Ta Koro themed) to pull myself out from behind the door, I made a basic poster using an image from one of my existing comics Silvermask Not Jaller. This picture represents my OC named Silvermask, but his form is Jaller's, the comic makes sense of it a bit more. Anyway, I wanted to use this image as an anonymous fire type (could even be Toa Jaller this time) for the scene, being reminded of Ta Koro's kolhii match in the first Bionicle movie by the armor plating that the figure puts on. It reminded me of Jaller and Takua with their funny little arm plates. 

I've always imagined kolhii being a more dangerous and thrilling sport if played by Toa. 
For those rough in Matoran, it says, "Be a champion".

I gave my hand at making a digital watercolor background resembling Ta Koro's kolhii field, then posterized my character to make him look more painted and part of the setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment