Thursday, February 11, 2016

Love Struck Gresh comic

With Valentine's Day coming up, I figured now is the time to share this, a small comic portraying a love struck Gresh and the classic concept of Tahu winning Gali's feelings.

"Love Struck" is inspired off of Saronicle's Gali and Gresh stop motion from so long ago, a name mentioned in the intro of this comic. The theme is silly, rightfully so, and is not to be taken seriously.

I remember when I was younger the videos nudged me towards the Deviant Art community where I found Saronicle had her own page and all that jazz. I liked the fact someone else wasn't afraid to deviate from the considered formalities of canon, able to think outside the box and reach towards the bizarre and amusing, much like myself. I mentioned about this before on the Deviant Art post Heart Hit.
For easier reading of the above and following, feel free to check out the PDF version of this comic.
Some details about the project: Backgrounds consist of scrapbook paper with added elements like Barbie toys. Valentines and heart frames are scrapbook die cuts, and the final scene has its own post called Gresh Pin Up.
 The fun doesn't end on the final scene before closing, imagery in the comic can make sweet, nerdy Valentines. This picture is my official choice for a Valentine card. For those who wonder how I got this shot, I held up a die cut frame, closed one eye, and took a picture through the heart window.

No comments:

Post a Comment