Monday, December 29, 2014

Kiina's Kitchen

 Guess what's cooking at Kiina's Kitchen? :P 

Splurge photo shoot, couldn't pass away the chance to use Asian snacks as temporary artisan breads for Bionicle.

Kiina's Kitchen, catchy name I think, now I'm thinking of a Bionicle cooking show with Kiina as the cook and host. >_< 
Heck, I might just make mini Kiina Kitchen comics where she has guest cooks and makes yummy, yet odd food.
 The images left and right above are the basic scenes without the funny title.
 displaying the breads in a basket was a nice touch, but I also decided to show them side by side on the table like they had just been baked.
 I mean, how fun is it to use Asian snacks as bread for small figurines, and then eat them after the photo shoot is done. :) I will note the snacks stick to you while you're working, and whatever you do, make sure to keep them dry; they stick really bad if they're evenly slightly moist.

Above and below close ups just show how yummy the snacks are. I figured the sesame one is like a seed covered flat bread that puffs when baked, and the big crackled one could be like a sweet sour dough with spices, then there's the odd glazed one that's oval and looks like a very wet bread, caramelized with a type of honey glaze on its outer crust.

I even did a poster to display my favorite pics and tell what's being cooked at Kiina's Kitchen today. :D Posters make sharing so much easier. ^.~

No comments:

Post a Comment