Monday, December 22, 2014

Smug Bug Photos

 I had fun making a line of Gorast pictures for LoL chapter 9 "Smug Bug". 
My goal was to try and get a menacing feel to match the scene of Gorast watching from the trees. I assembled the panel to display the different shots, each containing a different feel.

 The first image (above left) is the one which will be the main image for LoL chapter 9 seeing it has the menacing look I'm going for. Second one makes me feel like she's squinting at something.
Third (right) is one of my favorites in the collection, just seems so natural and life like.
And the fourth image (left) is the final image which just makes me laugh because she seems to be relaxing or falling, and the angle of her head makes her seem so much less creepy in that one.

There were some tricks involved in making the scenes look right. I took the photos in one of our house plants after placing a black foam board behind it to cover up the wall and make editing easier. Later in PSE I removed the black from the background and replaced it with a jungle image to fill in the gaps and serve as an illusion of forest. Levels and contrast greatly helped in getting the feel I wanted, though in some ways I imagined the scene to be a tad darker.
Here's an extra joke panel which is like a blooper if LoL were a tv show. 
When  I showed my sister the photo panel she said the way I set it up made her think of this comical strand of dialogue based of the figurines body language. 
This inspired me to take her exact words to what she said she heard while looking at the pictures, and apply them to make a comic strip.

No comments:

Post a Comment