Sunday, September 7, 2014

Marine MOC Panel

This is Marine, Princess Marine. The basic panel above is to show her MOC from different angles, with and without palace garments. Marine is an old figure, and has existed since late 2009; my inspiration for her character was purely inspired off the original single person Alegria contortion act from Cirque Du Soleil, hence the flexible build and crazy contortion poses.
Image displayed above is a clip from the contortion scene of Alegria. This contortionist and her amazing flexibility, combined with the enchanting song of Cirque, was an immediate inspiration for Princess Marine. The very scene in Alegria sparked the idea of  royalty and aquatic themes. Note the resemblance of Marine to this contortionist, specifically the blue helmet being very much like the blue hair of this performer. It's unfortunate I'm unable to find the original performance of this highly inspirational scene, however, there is a double contortion act I can find which is close enough, and still retains the original song of the performance, called Taruka, just below.
Marine was in fact the first humanoid type build I ever tried, and also the first MOC I ever gave a flexible middle to, which I was very happy about. Her original MOC build was much stockier when first made. I didn't have the pieces at the time to improve upon her, and it's not till later that I was inspired to make her a contortionist and princess, then her structure was improved, made smaller, and made flexible. The cloth, keys, and jewelry were always an element of her character, it's not till 2010 did I come up with a story for why she had keys and wore pretty clothes. Her true history formed during the age of LoL development, and I invented the idea that she was a guardian, princess, and gate keeper of a water palace in Tajun.

No comments:

Post a Comment