Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Blue Crew-Marine's Scheme

 An image inspired from Life of Lewa, episode six "Marine's Scheme" It's a scene where they just get past the guards after disguising themselves as water guards of Marine's palace, pretending they caught  Marine and are returning her to her bedroom chambers.
 A few pointers on the set up. I borrowed some sample floor tiles and used that to create my hall floor, then set up my trusty cardboard wall prop, draped some pretty fabric over the back, and did my photo shoot. Unfortunately with lack of room and supplies, I can't create full backgrounds that hide the kitchen table and wall, tomatoes, and colander. This is where digital work comes into play; I used an Arabic tile image for the walls, and simply kept my tile floor, added in some shading, and turned my characters blue. 

The original shot (left); you can see how much has been changed. I also went ahead and experimented with angles (right). The second one said comical for some reason, like that moment of Ashton saying, "Tahu, what are you doing?"And Tahu would say, "Posing".
 I also went ahead and took a picture without Tahu in the way. It looks nice, but in order for the scene to be accurate, I needed all four figures squeezed in somehow. So I chose the first image, and have left the other angles raw.

The only details I left out of the image for the sake of time was adding palace garments to the figures, and cuffs to Marine.

No comments:

Post a Comment