Monday, September 8, 2014

Marine Nouveau

I just had to make a Nouvea scene of Marine. Since I had remaining pictures that were lone snapshots in the full collection, I went ahead and made art pieces displaying just them. I'd say this piece resembles what might be a stained glass window in Marine's palace, or just a fancy image to display Marine and her simple beauty.

The flower vines and swirling marble like center piece/floor decoration are Nouveau motifs I compiled together. I chose these motifs because they reminded me of the palace gardens purely water based and lily pad like. The marble like center piece reminded me of a planet, Aqua Magna to be precise. I liked this idea, and then a story background surfaced. This symbol could be a representation of Aqua Magna, the origin and wonder of Tajun's restoration when the moons were reunited. The Tajun water kingdom keeps Aqua Magna moon in memory, as a reminder of their past history and what Mata Nui did to make their land whole again. The black circle border, inspiration of surrounding one circle with more circles (something common in Alphones Muka's work) is actually a compilation of Kiina's symbol from the Bionicle series. I simply took the symbol, repeated it, and alined the tails of each manta ray so it connected as a continuous hoop frame. A little bit of Nouvea, and a little bit of Bionicle made to look Nouveau (perfect balance). :P

No comments:

Post a Comment