Monday, September 26, 2011

Illustration Friday inspired "Boundaries"


A couple of Friday's ago the word for IF was boundaries, but during that time I was completely flat of ideas. And wouldn't you know it, the Friday after that my sister gives me this brilliant idea. I said boundaries just didn't click, and she said it's because I don't have any. Then she mentioned this great idea to put a big NO in front of the word . So, this mischievous picture was born.

A little more history on the picture:
  The Bionicle figure in this picture is named Erozion, a turdish, young punk of a kid belonging to Lewa. Explaining the story line would take too long, so I'm going to get right to the point. Lets just say Erozion's personality is an exaggerated form of my inner rebel, that's why he fits the part so well in this picture.

When my sister mentioned the idea for this "NO boundaries" picture, the very first thing that popped in my head was Ero. And in my most recent story line, Erozion has been spray painting walls, perfect timing for this brilliant idea. 

The Making of:
 This picture is entirely digital, the only thing I had to do away from my computer was take a picture of the character. From there it was cutting, pasting, and shading ,with a few hand touches like the lettering on the wall.

In the above picture, each letter of the word is different, and represent some of the boundaries Erozion deals with; such as spiky vines, sword battles, plasma fields; and his worst fear, getting whipped.

I made two versions of this picture, one with decorated letters and the other with more graphiti styled letters (See below). But since I'm very bad at decisions, I can't decide which one I like more, so I put them both on here.

      Which one do you like more?

No comments:

Post a Comment