Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Kalea the Wind Jumper

Another female Toa of air besides Onah. This character design came from some doodling with a symmetry brush in Firealpaca. A little selecting of shapes and merging them together gave me full body forms of a female Le Matoran, both as a Matoran and then as a Toa.

I had thought about making her into a character idea I've had for awhile, Kelekena. But Kelekena is meant to represent me if I were to make a character of the Bionicle world. I wasn't sure if the structure of this character quite held the right personality for a character that represents me. I know I fit the element of air pretty well, but still haven't decided on a design.

This character may be named Kalea, or Yolana. Both details about those names are shown in the character display sheet above. 
I'll just go with Kalea for now. Here she is as a Matoran traveling through the forest with glee. The left version is textured with paper and marker overlays. The right version is the base digital illustration.

Kalea's background and character build aren't yet thought of, but a design is a design. I only know she's a joyful, free spirited and outgoing kind of personality.
Toa Kalea.

Base digital illustration on the left, textured version on the right. I think I like the textured version for this one. The marker overlay gives it kind of windy feel, as though a cyclone is spinning around her.

No comments:

Post a Comment