Sunday, May 5, 2019

The Great 'Jaller'peno-Comic

 
The Great 'Jala'peno 

It's been awhile, hasn't it? I have to say it's not till recently that my Bionicle nostalgia returned to me and I've been in a big mood to dabble in making simple comic pages.

Remember how Jaller's name was once spelled Jala? So many pun related things pop into my head, I've been making a list for Bionicle ideas mainly to make into comics or illustrations (possibly single illustration comics). 
One night I imagined Jaller with a grumpy face while wearing a red jalapeno costume. You can figure out why that happened, it's obvious. :P He's a fire type dressed as a pepper, which makes him hot in more than one way.

Originally this was meant to be a single illustration of Jaller and Takua, specifically the middle panel of this comic page. It only took moments for extra dialogue and characters to pop into my head and become a comic.
Here's a look at the outline and blue roughs of my process. A day and a half passed by while working on it, but my time spent working on it was on and off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment