Sunday, September 4, 2016

Color Jebraz-Saroncile contest

Just felt like talking about this contest I decided to become part of not so much as a contestant, but more so because I like occasional outside challenges beyond my own art list. 
Saronicle shared the following Color Jebraz (contest)  and though I don't pay close attention to the story details, I thought it would be fun to color someone elses drawing and embrace the game of multiple choice color schemes.

Above is the main panel with five chosen color schemes I felt applied best to the rules....but since my mind goes in multiple directions, I didn't just stop at five choices, I went through multiple color scheme placement concepts displayed below.
I chose my four colors and then played around with placement of them on the body. Fire shades came first, and I felt the yellow headed one stood out best in the first three. The fourth version is one of my favorites. This color set is based off the element of fire (since Jebraz's element wasn't specified the options of color are limitless).
I worked on natural air type shades. Wasn't sure if teal skin was too close to blue, so I changed it to light green.
I also made a neon air type color batch. Kind of poisonous looking.
Befor the neon air type colors came the squash shades. I tossed this one to the side because Toa of squash aren't exactly common. :P
And finally, stone type shades were on the list. I chose four basic colors and applied them in different ways. Truth be told, a character can appear rather different not only because of the color shades, but how you apply those colors to the form.

No comments:

Post a Comment