Sunday, September 11, 2016

Borox and the Waterbed

This came to mind as a scene in the MN-I RP of the past, a scene where Aqua pushes Borox onto their new water bed, a big mistake for sure.
Ever wonder what would happen if a Skakdi with their spiky spine were to flop on something like a water bed made from giant lily pads, bamboo, giant shells, and drift wood? Borox has put that theory to the test as the unknowing test dummy .

Where to go Aqua, where to go....She's learned to stick to normal mattresses, and Borox learned what's it's like to take a bath in bed. :P

Just felt like sharing the comic with and without speech bubbles plus text. I kept asking myself why I put quite a bit of effort into something so simple, but even a simple joke deserves to look nice I guess.

Above are the four stages of making this comic. I started off by slapping down a very messy light blue outline of the panels, then defined the shapes of the forms better with dark blue. The dark blue outline of the forms served as my base guide for the final outline which then had to be colored.

No comments:

Post a Comment