Thursday, December 3, 2015

Into The Sunset

"Head Low Ero"

Newest collection of images to express something deep and almost unexplainable.

Don't be fooled, this doesn't represent Axalar Lewa, but instead my character Erozion, walking down a concrete road at sunset, his head low and his stride less upbeat as he carries his backpack towards home.
Why is he sad? In story line sense there could be many reasons, but these images also represent something deeper.
They represent the resentment of leaving old stories behind. This refers to the Life of Lewa series. This doesn't mean the Life of Lewa series is being completely forgotten, it's just being pushed to the very bottom of the writing list.

Enchanting as the story is to me and a select few, I find I struggle with certain aspects of it, the main one being how old it is, and the fact that it connects with memories in real life that have slowly faded away and have left my emotions dead towards certain aspects in my life as of today.

Without someone to share with daily, a story like this becomes lonesome and loses enchantment, especially because I work best when inspired by those who like what I'm sharing. The feeling of inspiration and the spark of enchanting imagination is lost when familiar faces that encouraged me are no longer reliable or available for whatever reason, life always changing for better or worse.

There's also the drag of people mislabeling a character just because they can't seem to notice subtle differences in the build of something, and therefore kill the mood by saying isn't that what's his name? Instead of looking more closely at the description.
These two images are some of my favorites, the second one really holding the mood I was aiming for.

Like any mood, things can change, be it "Into the Sunset" (left) or "Hello Head High" (right).

On a final note, this song fits the inner mood and scene of the character, helping me better express my emotions through the art.

No comments:

Post a Comment