Friday, November 22, 2013

Pearllight Nouveau- Posters and Trading Cards

Pearllight Nouveau- Poster 1
 I've been at work making one big art package consisting of two Nouveau themed posters, a set of printable trading cards, and an overall color improvement of these old Pearllight model images.

These Nouveau pictures were taken quite awhile ago, and I decided it was time to make them something more. With a couple screen saver images, and a few snazzy tweaks in Photoshop Elements; I completed two Nouveau themed posters for my six image set. 
It only seemed natural to make a two poster set, each containing a trio setting; and I must say I'm very happy with how these turned out. The celestial theme and color scheme are a great combo that say it all for Pearllight's character.

The general poster style is of course inspired and based off Alphonse Mucha's work; specifically his panel styles for the posters of the seasons. His work has flowing clothes and women; I figure, why not make ones in my own style of fluffy skirts and robots XD.

Pearllight Nouveau- Poster 2
 First and second panels were set in such a way that they're balanced, as I like to do with all my posters. First poster only has the images that don't contain pink. I placed the calmest image in the middle, and balanced the left and right side with sword poses. Also note, I place the swords images in such  a way that they point your attention around the page (which in this case, Pearllight's sword is pointing at the title from the left side in first panel of poster 1.) 

Second poster has the images containing pink, and one that serves best as a center piece. I chose the middle image in second poster to be the focus, because her blades are pointed up and are kept inside the circle, a central point. I then balanced out both sides with the images containing pink.
Pearllight Nouvea Trading Cards
My main goal has always been to make these posters into trading cards. To me, having personal trading cards of your own character is a great way to connect with others, and start a mini personal character trading card club, where each person can have cards of their personal MOC's, and trade with others to collect images of others MOC characters and have a collection of alternate characters and ideas. 

Most of all, having personal trading cards is a fun way to keep track of you art pieces as a mini collection; and for me is a form of security, knowing these art pieces will never go out of print, unlike company sold products.

The above image sheet has been rendered to be larger than a standard sheet of paper, so that when printed, will be higher quality, even if the pixels are reduced. I used the same celestial backdrop as I did in the posters, just selected a smaller section of it to make my trading card backgrounds.



 On a final note, the above images are all my Pearllight Nouvea images. Each one has been adjusted in color, and stand out more than they ever have before. Seeing that I shared the originals on Flickr, see here Pearllight Nouveau Posters and didn't feel like making another upload; I'm sharing the improved versions here on the blog, and leaving the original versions for you to view on my Flickr. The originals are very bright, and rather milky... a bit like looking at a picture in a dream. That was the theme I was going for at the time, but later decided they needed to be clearer and more vibrant, so I tweaked them and got the final images above.

Hope you enjoy looking at these old images; and one last thing is that these are picture of Pearllight's old build. I haven't yet cleaned up the pictures of her new structure yet; that project is for the upcoming future, till then, enjoy the posters. ^.~

No comments:

Post a Comment