Saturday, November 23, 2013

2009 Pearllight Cuts the Turkey

Cut the Turkey
 Back in 2009, I tried setting up my first ever Bionicle Thanks Giving scene.
Unfortunately, these images were ruined by shaky hands and low shutter rate, and therefore never made it to the sharing list on websites I commonly post to.

Regardless of this fact though, I feel now is the time to bring out old photographs regardless of quality, since the theme and intention is more important than the quality at times..at least by my standards. Granted, it's a disappointment that these images, and many others came out poorly back in the day, because I didn't have stable hands and a tripod.

What's going on in the pictures? You may wonder. Lets just say Pearllight invited Pohatu and Tahu over for dinner, to introduce them to a simple Human tradition called Thanks Giving. 
Everything seemed dandy in the kitchen, until it was time to cut the turkey. Pearllight didn't use a normal knife because she couldn't find one sharp enough; so she decided to cut the meat with her plasma sword, which caramelizes the meat at every slice. 
Tahu and Pohatu flipped out though when she lifted her sword into the air; their fear, that she would cut through the table, and possibly snag them. This is why they sank in their seats and leaned back uneasily, trying not to say anything, but clearly feeling uncomfortable.

  How I made the scene

I took Barbie and dollhouse supplies, along with collected decorations that serve well for Barbie (cupboard and stove), and placed them together in an open back pantry. 
Then I placed a sheet of cardboard in the back to cover up the whole, and make a wall.
After that I posed my characters into the desired positions and captured the scene
 with the click of a button.

Final close up above. Yes, it's blurry like the other images, but was my attempt to show the body language of each figure more clearly. It still makes me laugh even though it's wavering in appearance.

I may include these pictures elsewhere in my scrap files and side line posts; my intent is to also someday remake images like these; using my gained experience and tripod for clear, enjoyable images, that don't make you feel so...dizzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment