Friday, November 1, 2013

Tahu Nuva Mask Stencil



Since I've done four Bionicle based pumpkins now, I've decided it's time to try a more complex carving; this is why I made a stencil of the Hau Nuva.
     Tahu Nuva, I think, would make a great pumpkin carving; on top of that, this stencil can be used for other projects like putting on a book cover with metallic red paint, or used for spicing up a journal page, along with other possibilities.

Whether I'll get the chance to carve the Hau Nuva onto a pumpkin this year or not is unknown, but the stencil itself is an all year round image for different uses.

Here's how I made it, with a few cheat methods in Photoshop elements.-

File:Hau Nuva.pngI pasted the picture shown left, onto a blank file in Photoshop. Then I made a base white layer, and added a translucent layer over top the mask. Next I took the selection brush tool and went over any parts of the mask I felt I needed as a guide for carving, and used the "stroke (outline) selection" option to quickly outline my selected areas. Saved time and kept me from having to outline each part by hand.

The Final design, though not absolutely perfect, turned out to be satisfying enough; and as far as I'm concerned, a little imperfection gives it that artistic charm.


You can use the stencil too for projects of your choice; just be sure to link back to this page and credit me for making it. Have fun. ^.~

No comments:

Post a Comment